
HELLO PEEPS!!! IM BACK FROM BATAM!!
I would like to thank Tat Fung & Fran for organizing this enjoyable trip :D
It was really fun holidaying with you guys.
People who went: Tat Fung, Aaron HO, Fran, Annabelle, Gavin, Xueting & I
Day One - 12 JunDespite we are taking the 2.20pm ferry at Tanah Merah, we met around 10am at Tiong. When we reached Purajaya Resort, it was
FREAKY!!! The whole resort’s electricity supply was
CUT OFF. Beside that, the fish tank near the receptionist counter was leaking too!!
Tat Fung, Fran and Xueting went to the lounge to play pool whereas Annabelle, Gavin, Aaron and I went to explore around the resort. One thing I could say –
WE ARE BEING SCAMMED!!! The resort facilities looked totally different from what we saw on the website. Seriously, we were being deceived by the pictures on the website.
The pool water was
milky; the slide leading into the pool was
dried & cracked; the karaoke room got a
stench & the songs were Korean, Indonesian or English oldies; beach volleyball court was so
downgraded; limited bicycles for rent; and the worst part was the sea near our resort was
horrible than the East Coast Park beach.
We were complaining about how we should have fork up another 50bucks to go to some other resort.
Eventually, we did go swimming in the milky swimming pool. I take back the negative comment of the water. The water was still ok despite the appearance. Maybe they did
NOT put as much chlorine in the water?? However, we had lots of fun playing in the water. One of the staff still switched on music for us at the pool. They even had a bar counter that served cocktails & food. The service was definitely great despite the lack in our language barrier.
Dinner was
“HARD”. Hard in digesting I suppose? Waited for
SUPER DUPER LONG TIME. Xueting and I ate the bee hoon goreng. Seriously that the worst I ever ate. It doesn’t look bee hoon to me. Rather it look more like the slimy & thick ‘dong fen’. The bee hoon was not fully cooked & it was long and thick to swallow. The others choose ayam penet. The rice was so hard that you can scope the whole thing up with the spoon. Each plate comes with a pathetic mini drumlet & sambal. POOR BOYS!! That night, all of us probably feel hungry & not satisfied at all!!
XUETING WAS BULLIED BY TAT FUNG ON THE FIRST NIGHT!!!
He was aiming the king sized bed in our room since we checked in. Initially the bed was shared between Fran & Xueting; and I will take the extra bed. Who knows at the end, it was Fran who shared the king sized bed with Tat Fung and Xueting occupied my extra bed.
In result, I’m left to share the room with Aaron. Luckily, both of us never slept that early like the rest. We watched the NBA match together (Magic vs. Lakers). We realized both of us were supporters of Lakers & were fans of Kobe Bryant too. HURRRAY :D
Day Two – 13 Jun
Had proper & satisfying lunch at Mega Mall – GADENO. It was a total feast!! The whole table was filled with pizza, pasta, satays and more. The best thing was the whole feast was cheap!! WAY C-H-E-A-P MAN!!!
“DRAG ME TO HELL” was showing in the cinemas and we almost had the urge to watch it cause it's also C-H-E-A-P!! 25,000 rupiahs (approximately S$3). SCREAMMMS!! In the end, Tat Fung & Aaron went for massage whereas Gavin and the girls went for shopping. The shopping was great!!! EVERYWHERE WAS HAVING SALES!! The tees cost almost S$2 and it was still further discounted by 20%. Annabelle & Xueting had a big blast getting a lot of tees for family & friends.
Next stop was at Nagoya Shopping Centre. Actually, there was nothing much to see or buy at there. We just had dinner at a certain seafood restaurant; played arcade & get groceries from the hypermarket. Time passed fast when we were actually feeling happy & had fun. We got a whole trolley of snacks, drinks & beer!!! I suppose we were scared of being deprived of food at night??
Played games through late night at our room. INDIAN POKER & 7.7.49 MATH GAME. The forfeit was to drink CARLSBERG or TAP WATER (which was so yucky!). I think I drank almost 2 out of 4 cans?? I helped Fran & Annabelle to drink theirs when they lose. It beats to drink Carlsberg than to drink the unhealthy tap water right?
Gavin & Annabelle returned to their room after some rounds of the game whereas Aaron, Fran, Xueting, Tat Fung and I headed to the poolside with drinks & fruits. Took pictures & chatted. Aaron and I decided to head our room for bath first while Tat Fung & the girls decided to linger some more at the pool table. I think that night Aaron & I were the first to sleep first. Stupid Tat Fung still come & DISTURBED MY SLEEP when Xueting & Fran were bathing lol!!!! He never die before sia....
Day Three – 14 Jun
Woke up at 9am because MR AARON HO mentioned that there’s another match between Magic & Lakers @ 9.30am. Who know Fran they all also got put alarm clock to wake us up for the match?? However in the end, they all stopped the alarm and dragged themselves into slumber mode lol -.- guess what happened next?? THAT SO CALLED MATCH WAS
ACTUALLY A REPEAT MATCH THAT WE SAW!!! Aaron’s information SUCK!! He made us woke up the wrong time to see a repeated match =(
Initially, we wanted to play the banana boat but then it rained. I'm glad we went to the hyper mart the night before because part of what we got became our breakfast for the day!! We went around taking photos and playing around the resort - mini golf, darts, boxing & table tennis. Tat Fung also taught Xueting and I how to play table tennis lol.
Lunch was in some Indonesian food restaurant in the resort. It's DAMN YUMMY!! We all so regretted why we never go there for dinner at the first night. Anyway, we made friends with the waitress Lily. Coincidentally she was also the one that had been serving us since day one's dinner. Aaron flirted with her too by asking her whether does she want his number. Eventually we took pictures with Lily and we exchanged emails with one another. Hahas.
I ALMOST BECOME AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!! My white card was NOT stamped when we first arrived. Only my passport was stamped instead!! The custom officer asked me a lot of question. Thanks to Tat Fung that I did not become detained at there. MY HERO xD
Had dinner at AJISEN (Tiong). The ever-hungry boy, Aaron was gobbling up his food in a fast speed. Either he misses Singapore food. Otherwise he got deprived of food at Batam?
Trained home with XueTing. Along the way, we saw Zijian. We told her Fran had just walked to the bus stop and here he went running out of the MRT station, looking for Fran. Finally home sweet home. Anyway I am NOT going lectures tomorrow. Shall have a nice good sleep before I go school for my test (which starts at 4pm) tomorrow. Good luck to me :D
PEACE YA